Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Life Changed...A Letter Written

Over the past few weeks, God has been so good to us here at theTURN! One particular testimony that has worked its way into all the hearts of our people has come from one of our new friends Casey Lamb.

Casey came to theTURN three weeks ago bound up in drug and alcohol addiction for 15 years searching and looking for something greater. He was just recently arrested for a violation of his probation again, and came to the point in his life where he was ready for change.

I will never forget the first conversation we had in the arena after service a few weeks ago. He told me about his 5 year incarceration when he was younger in the penitentiary, his history, and his present day seeking. I could feel God brewing.

Our students here at theTURN welcomed him in open arms. That weekend he attended one of our IONs, and it began. The Lord moved in a mighty way, and in just a few days the first miracle broke forth. Casey's judge released him from having to serve time and immediately signed him permission to be a part of No Longer Bound, our ten month drug and alcohol regeneration program. Casey could not have been more excited!

He met me at church last weekend, and he gave me a letter that he wanted me to read from stage this past Thursday night. Casey checked into No Longer Bound the next day, Monday June 14. I read the letter and it brought me to tears. I shared it this past Thursday night in service and the place erupted in joy. Joy of salvation, joy of His faithfulness, joy of His redeeming power!

Here is the letter:

Dear all my new friends,

By the time this is read I will be on my fourth day at No Longer Bound and by me writing this letter five days ahead of time, as you can see, I miss all of you already. And I am not even gone yet. I am so grateful that God has given me so much in a short period of time, and all it took was "FAITH!" All of you are a big part of my life and have been a big part in my change to move "FORWARD!" It is so cool how God works through all of you to help and change me then shows me a miracle that not only changes my life and makes my faith for Him stronger than ever but changes your lives as well. So 10 months from now be ready because I am going to be reborn, renewed head to toe, inside and out and we are going to praise the roof off this place, and he said AMEN!

Love all of you,
Casey

Praise God! Wanna talk about moving forward? This is it! Praise God for what He is doing! So thankful there is so much more to be done - so many more to win!

Much love from your pastor,
pcraig

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All that can be said is PRAISE GOD! Now that is an amazing testimony of moving FORWARD!