Thursday, September 2, 2010

Top 10 Reads

As I promised you tonight, here are the top ten books that I have read that are my favorites. This list has helped me most in my walk with God over the past 8 years!

  1. The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
  2. Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
  3. The Cross of Christ by John Stott
  4. Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster
  5. The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer by Bounds
  6. Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala
  7. The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
  8. Learning Theology with the Church Fathers by Christopher A. Hall
  9. Unfinished Business: Returning the Ministry to the People of God by Greg Ogden
  10. Recapturing the Wesleys' Vision by Paul Wesley Chilcote
And I must give you some very close honorable mentions:
  • Power, Passion, and Prayer: Greatest Sermons on Revival Through Prayer by Charles G. Finney
  • The Wigglesworth Standard by P.J. Madden
  • Basic Christianity by John Stott
  • Healing is a Choice by Stephen Arterburn
  • Knowing God by J.I. Packer
The Cost of Discipleship
Mere Christianity
The Cross of Christ
Celebration of Discipline
EM Bounds on Prayer
Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire
The Pilgrim's Progress
Learning Theology with the Church Fathers
Unfinished Business
Recapturing the Wesleys' Vision

Keep tuned in for our monthly recommended reads!

Seeking Him together!
pcraig

1 comment:

stacy said...

You're the best I'm all over this list like ants on a spilt snow cone!!

Thanks PC!!!