Monday, August 9, 2010

Life Change Story

(Megan is on the bottom left)

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I am posting a “LIFE CHANGE STORY” from someone at theTURN every few weeks.

Here is a great testimony of a girl at theTURN who was born again at SOLUTION and then plugged herself into theTURN, including ALL NIGHT PRAYER and ION small groups (her life has been forever ruined!):

Pastor Craig,

It’s safe to say that 2009 was the worst year of my life. I would go to work have a stressful day then come home to my parents fighting. I didn’t know what it meant to be happy. My mother left in February, and then my parents got a divorce in June. My younger brother and I stayed at my father’s house. My mom leaving and the divorce eventually led my father to start drinking again. He would come home drunk and be mean as everything. He and I would get into fights constantly. Never was he physically abusive but he was very verbally abusive. Hurt people hurt people. He would fight with my brother and I so much that it just became unbearable. It got to the point where I didn’t want to come home. He eventually drove my brother and me out of the house. We went to live with my mother and grandmother in a two bedroom apartment. There was a time that I actually hated my father. I felt like I lost everything. I went a solid 5 months without talking to my father. Most of my friendships ended. I just figured I would end up like the rest of my family. I had no motive to better myself. Divorce had absolutely consumed my family. Until recently I never knew why. I figured it too would happen to me one day. My grandmother, my mother and both of my sisters had their first child out of wedlock. I thought all of these things were normal. Coming into the new year I had no expectations, I was just going to continue to do nothing to change my life. I shut everyone out and built up walls. I cried myself to sleep more times than I can count. I was miserable. I knew I needed to change something.

2010 came around. I didn’t care about it coming, I already wanted it to end. I was lost. I had no hope. I had nothing to live for. I didn’t care about anything. I thought I was saved, but I never really accepted Christ into my heart. I never had a heart change. Christ was never the Rock revealed in my life. I had gone to the same church since the 8th grade. I didn’t miss a Sunday or a Wednesday for about 3 years. It was essentially the blind leading the blind. Still, I was just going through the motions. My prayers consisted of; "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,... forgive us for our sins". I could probably count on both hands the times I had read my bible in those few years. I didn't have a relationship with God. I hadn't been living according to his law. Because I didn’t drink, do drugs or have sex before marriage I thought I was a good kid. You know those people who put sin on a weight scale, I was one of them. If you were to put me now and me 7 months ago next to each other to compare, you wouldn’t think I was the same person. I never had steady relationships with friends. I could make a sailor blush; I had the most foul mouth you could imagine. I was a fearful thing, I wouldn’t drive alone at night or sleep in the house alone because fear absolutely crippled me.

But now, I have some of the best relationships and friendships I could have ever imagined. The Lord didn’t give me a spirit of fear, So I don’t have one! I have not said a cuss word since about April. All of the Glory goes to God! He truly has become the center of my life. He's not just the spare tire of my life, he is the steering wheel! My friend and I were both going through hard times and we decided that we needed to go to church. I would say we chose Free Chapel but looking back on it now I'm certain God chose it for us. It was a breath of life to the darkness I was living in. Because of God living through all of the students and pastors there, I realized that there really was more to life than just living. I realized that I needed to accept Christ as the Christ of my life, and that I also needed to pick up my cross and carry it. It was at Solution Conference that I officially gave my life to Christ, on Thursday night to be exact. I remember it like it was yesterday. Pastor Clay was preaching. I remember what he wore, and I remember what I wore. I had felt a tug on my heart all of the nights of the conference but I let altar call after altar call pass me by. I remember that I came in late because I didn’t get off of work until 8. I almost didn’t come; that alone frightens me and fills me with love. That was absolutely God-guided. The second I walked in the door I could feel the Lord’s presence in the air. I didn’t hear the whole sermon, but i didn’t need to. The title of the sermon was "The Confessional". I didn’t take good notes because I was crying the whole time. It was like the entire sermon was written for me.It is only by the grace of God that I am living for Him today. Only by his grace have I been saved. " For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of god" Ephesians 2:8. It amazes me that He chose me! The only thing I have to offer him is my life. This story of my life has been erased and re-written. This time with my Lord and Savior as the Author!

As a result of what he has done in my life, I have written the following in the last few weeks that I would like to share with you:
"I know a Mighty king. I am but a servant who is unworthy to carry His sandals, and yet He calls for me to sit at His feet and drink from the cup in His hand. He is the everlasting lover and father beyond all human bounds. He is far holier than I am capable of dreaming. His sweet mercies are endless. His flowing grace is abundant. His comforting love is fragrant. He has brought newness to my death of monotony. He gives me the boldness of His tongue. He grants me wisdom of His perfect knowledge and understanding. He builds me fresh each morning. He is the husband to widows, father to orphans, comforter to the afflicted. He is forever beautiful. His goodness surrounds me. He is beyond comparison. His kiss of forgiveness is overwhelming. He is my joy. He is my hope. He is true. He gives me direction. He is on my side. He is the reason for my breath. He is the creator of all I know. Through him I am limitless. Because of this savior, I have purpose. Because of this healer, I am able. He is my perspective. He is my future. He is my unfailing plan."

Is He your unfailling plan? I know He's mine!

Thanks!
Megan Breor

4 comments:

Anita said...

Miss Megan! I absolutely love you! Reading this made me cry (in a good way of course!) I am so thankful to have you in my life and I know God is going to take you far!! You're an amazing person, inside and out and I love the fact that I get to do life with you!!

Teresa said...

Megan, I don't know you, but read the post on the TURN blog...what an amazing testimony of God's Love and Redemption. This is just the beginning of God's plan for your life as you yeild yourself through obedience and service to Him...Praise God for the Turn ministry and staff. May God continue to use this ministry to make "Life Changes" in many lives.

Josalynd said...

Megan, thank you for sharing your testimony! It is so exciting and so beautiful to see what God is doing in your life! You are beautiful inside and out! Love you girl!!

sr said...

Oh Megan thank you for sharing this! I needed this cry! I love you. God has made us so extravagantly beautiful. Ashes to beauty. Amazing.

Stacy