Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Obsession


His grace has overwhelmed in the past few days. I find myself consumed with thinking of Him and His Church. It's all that really matters at the end of the day. Am I someone that is intimately connected to Him? Is my family fused to Christ because their priest of the household binds them to Him in prayer? Are the people whom God has given me oversight my only crown, joy, and glory? These are all questions that have been floating around in my head.

We are called to one obsession, Jesus Christ.

And how do you kill a man with a dream? Give him more dreams. The Lord has branded on me the fact that I must keep my divine assignment my one and only obsession. It has never been about ability - it is about my availability. God uses ordinary beings to accomplish His extraordinary purposes. Am I open to be used to the max? Are you?

Are you operating in a sphere of usefulness for the glory of God? When evaluating every area of your life, are there any unfruitful parts? If so allow the gardener to prune you this day. "He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful (John 15:2)."

At the end of your life, your value will not be determined by your duration but rather by your donation. You were born to be wild. His plan for your life is beyond your wildest dreams, but is He your only obsession? I am telling you that I am more excited about God's work today than I ever have been in my life. I want to be an individual that is always vision driven not memory driven. We can't move forward while looking in the rear view mirror. Do you perceive the new work that He is doing?

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" Isaiah 43:18-19

God is indeed doing a fresh work in your life and the lives of others, but do you perceive it? I believe here at North Cleveland Church of God that we are about to enter into the ride of our lives as a church. God is preparing us for that which He has prepared for us!

But I ask again: Is He your one obsession?

If not, ask Him to light you on fire today. Bow on your knees and cry out to Him. Lord bring us to your cross once again. Remember it is always the yearning that brings the burning!

No comments: