Monday, November 9, 2009

If You Are a Student, Are You Teaching?

Thought: if you are a student of the Word, are you also teaching the Word?

I have discovered that the best way to retain something is to give it away. That's because the only way you can effectively explain a subject is if you thoroughly understand it first. As a teacher, you are forced to master your subject. Find someone with a desire to learn who knows less than you do, and pass on what you know in a systematic way. By feeding someone else, you'll feed your own heart.

Whether it is right or wrong, I have found this to be true in my own life - I believe that the motivation for studying Scripture largely comes from one's responsibility in this area. If I didn't have someone to teach, I might not produce.

Share with others what the Lord has shared with you.

pcraig

No comments: