Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life Change Story - Fernando


It was months ago now when I was first introduced to Fernando Ramirez (one on the left in the pic), a student leader here at ELEVATION! I was immediately blown away at his ability to communicate and discuss theology very well for a student of his age. He was telling his friends:

"Look for your identity, self-worth, acceptance, and security in Christ, and Christ only... If you look for it in this world, you will lose whatever little you had to begin with."

I am very proud of Fernando and what God is doing in his life - there is truly nothing greater in spiritual leadership than watching one you pastor get their life and labor in sync with the eternal God! I am so thankful for Him and what He is doing in his school....

So without further delay, I introduce you to Fernando!

Pastor Craig!

I just gotta tell you how God is moving in my life lately. A whole new level of spiritual stirring has been going on for a couple of months and opportunities for action and prayer have been appearing out of nowhere!

First off, God has just given me people to pray for and simply help and be there for them. This semester in my leadership class I've been able to speak up and share some word by giving speeches every other week. So I've been able to integrate the Gospel into my everyday life in that area.

Also, in that same class I met and made a new friend who has been through everything imaginable and is getting out of some destructive cycles right now and really started getting his life straight not to long ago. Now is the time when he needs someone to be there for him. I invited him to walk the greenway, and he just poured his heart out and all he's been through during that time and I was able to talk to him about Jesus and remind him of who we are in Him and where we find our strength and acceptance. I invited him to come tomorrow for the youth service and he agreed so thank God! :D He really needs a group to fall back on and really just meet a different kind of people so I think tomorrow will change his life.
(we are believing for this as well tonight!)

Finally, I've been praying and please help me on this. My soccer team... Oh goodness they are the definition of bad influences, and they will rub off on the newer and younger players. So I'm just praying for the Spirit to touch their hearts and use me in that process because they are going down a really bad path. But there is good news; one of the soccer players who is on that path has been through some really rough stuff so I really believe that God has put me there for him and I've been able to talk to him about the Word and just help him through this. I invited him, and he'll be joining us soon :D

I just felt I should share this with someone. Can't wait until tomorrow, Good night!

Fernando Ramirez


2 comments:

Teresa said...

Thankful you shared Fernado's story and how God is using him in his arena of life.

May we ALL be willing to be used where God has planted us to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those in need.

Praying for Pastor Craig and leaders as they disciple our young adults!

Anonymous said...

Fernando is an example to all of his peers....and he is on fire now!

Will continue to pray for him and all his endeavors....let's keep going after them!