Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Life Change Story

A story from a girl involved here at theTURN each week - so good and so humbling!

Pastor Craig,

I just wanted to share with you how much theTURN has helped bring comfort, joy, and life back to me. Over the last few years, it seems my life has faced one crisis after another. The enemy has constantly been trying to destroy me and every bit of happiness I had and he almost succeeded. Almost four years ago my parents decided to separate from a 25 year marriage to figure things out. What was supposed to be a few months suddenly became two years. Divorce had been talked about between my parents a few times. But for 4 years my brother and I have prayed for them. We prayed for my father to be the head of our home and to put God first and really just prayed for his heart to be healed from anger that he carried. We also prayed for my mother’s heart to be healed and be able to forgive. Just this year I started to think that maybe they would be happier apart, but God laid it upon my heart to come to the last all night prayer. So I came with a blown out knee and all. I prayed all night and shared with everyone my parent’s separation and asked for prayer to go out for my parents to work their marriage out and for divorce not to be an option. Just last week God answered those prayers. My father came to my mom and told her that he wanted to come home and make the marriage work. Praise God because He is working in both my parents hearts and repairing the brokenness.
Also in September of last year, I had received the most devastating and heart breaking news in my life thus far. My fiancée/boyfriend of six years was instantly killed in a motorcycle accident. I began coming to Free Chapel in October, shortly after his death, and every message spoke right to my heart. Through the doubt, worry, anger, depression, sadness, and every other emotion that comes along with grief, God began working in my life again. I knew I could not get through this tragedy without Him. The void and emptiness that I felt I knew only God could fill. When I learned about theTURN at church, I began coming in January 2010. From the Turn I also was introduced to the ION small groups and immediately got into a group. I knew I needed and desired a closer relationship with Christ and the accountability and encouragement from this group of ladies would only help. Every day is a struggle and a battle, but I know I will never lose a battle because I now trust God with each situation. I have learned to put my selfishness aside and let His plan follow through. God has done so much healing in my heart and has given me so much peace. Two things I have learned are that I do not have to know my future to have faith in God, but I must have faith in God to be secure about my future. I also know that to Love Christ is to Obey Christ. I thank God every day for the healing he has done and the passion that he gives me to know Him more. I now long and desire every day to have an amazing relationship and to walk my every day with Christ. I love coming to theTURN and cannot wait each week to be with these people my age, who whole-heartedly worship God. I am excited to see what God has in store for theTURN and for my life. Pastor Craig I thank you and the other pastors for obeying God and bringing His Word to our generation to live everyday with Him. I love the passion this group has for God and the encouragement they give to everyone. Again thank you for everything you do.

Felicia Lingerfelt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD. THE POWER OF PRAYER. NOW JUST THINK IF ENOUGH PEOPLE PRAYED AND FASTED FOR THE BROKEN FAMILIES IN THEIR AREAS LIKE THAT.. REGULARLY.GOD HAS MORE BLESSINGS FOR YOU SHARE THE BLESSINGS PRAY AND WITNESS. GOD BLESS.